Monday, 9 June 2014

Summer: Loading...



*unrecognizable zombie mumble*

Yes, that's right. I'm alive! Thank goodness for that, I'm sure many of you were missing my ramblings.

Being the fortunate 16 year old living in England that I am, I've had the joy of taking and revising for 23 GCSE exams over the past month or so (in fact, today is exactly a month since I started.) This means that I've basically had no life and been unnecessarily stressed more times than I can remember, all for the sake of these qualifications.


Like many people my age, I have issues with our education system. More specifically Micheal Gove, the education secretary for this country. While he claims his reforms will supposedly improve schooling in Britain, I think many students and teachers alike think differently. Getting rid of modular exams for example, or axing To Kill A Mockingbird in favour of British Literature. Ironic that Harper Lee's best selling novel about racism, is being axed because of well, racism?!

But that's a whole other rant that doesn't really belong on this blog. It's basically an excuse of me being away for a while. It's coming up to a year since I started this blog (I keep trying to spell since with an x not a c, that's how brain dead I am...) and I've had over 500 views now, so some people must be finding me through my shameless self promotion on YouTube. I'm not really in it for the numbers though. Books are something I'm really passionate about, and even though I realise I'm not being very original, I definitely have learned to love reviewing. It's not something I'll be stopping.

However, because of exams I've had very little time to read. I got a whole stack of books for my birthday which was the end of March and I've only finished two. Sigh. Luckily, now summer is just around the corner, coupled with Prom and the huge feat of leaving school, I'll have so much more time to write and read and do everything I love.  I hope to edit the first draft of a YA novel I finished a couple of months back, while also starting new projects. It's going to be fun.

I hope summer is worth waiting and working hard for. I'll be soon to reappear when this is all over. For now, I should really be revising for my Maths exam tomorrow. 

Lucy xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment